If you suspect your loved one has suffered from nursing home neglect you will likely want to take legal action but may be at a loss as to how to prove neglect occurred.
In many cases, a failure to follow patients’ care plans is what leads to patients’ injuries.
An experienced Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer is aware of this and will carefully review your loved one’s care plan when determining if you have a valid Illinois nursing home abuse claim.
To determine if there was a failure to follow a care plan, a Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer will consider:
- whether a thorough and adequate assessment was done on the patient;
- whether the care plan takes into consideration the patient’s medical history;
- whether the plan was effective and detailed;
- whether the plan was shared with other nursing home staff;
- whether the care plan was being followed out;
- whether an evaluation was done to determine its effectiveness; and
- whether any necessary revisions were made to the plan.
If a failure to follow a care plan has led your loved one to suffer injuries because of nursing home neglect, you may be able to seek compensation through an Illinois nursing home abuse claim. While you try to help your loved one through this time, consulting with a Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer should be your next step.
When to Hire a Chicago Nursing Home Lawyer
A Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of all the paperwork involved in an Illinois nursing home abuse claim, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.