Losing a loved one is difficult enough, but when it is the result of nursing home abuse or neglect, it means those who were hired to care for your loved one betrayed them on a fundamental level.
When a nursing home staff commits such an egregious and intolerable offense, the surviving family members may be entitled to seek compensation for their loss. Proving nursing home abuse took place can present unique challenges, but with the help of an experienced Chicago nursing home abuse attorney, you have a better chance of receiving justice.
Common types of nursing home abuse or neglect that can result in wrongful death include:
- Assault – from either a staff member or another resident.
- Bed Sores – potentially fatal wounds occurring when a person is left lying or sitting in one spot for a long period of time without being repositioned;
- Choking – on food or another object.
- Suffocation – due to restraints or lack of oxygen in faulty equipment.
- Falls – resulting from deteriorating physical condition or a lack of assistive devices.
- Medical Errors – either under or overmedication, adverse reactions, or harmful interactions.
Proving nursing home abuse in an Illinois wrongful death claim will typically require the help of a Chicago nursing home abuse attorney. A Chicago nursing home abuse attorney understands nursing home regulations and what type of evidence is necessary to build a solid Illinois wrongful death claim. Your lawyer also has the time and resources to carefully evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options.When to Hire a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Chicago A Chicago nursing home lawyer at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of the paperwork involved in an Illinois wrongful death claim, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080. If you have any questions regarding your Illinois nursing home case, we are here to answer them. We encourage you to contact us now and speak with one of our experienced Chicago nursing home lawyers.
Here Are A Few Other Common Questions That People Ask Us About Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawsuits