If you suspect that your aging loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse in Illinois, there are some common signs to look out for in your elderly relative. Some of the most common signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Unexplained injuries (bruises, cuts, sprains or fractures);
- Bedsores or stiffened joints;
- Unexplained venereal diseases or genital infections, and signs of genital trauma; and/or
- Sudden changes in behavior, such as acting afraid or withdrawn.
While these physical signs may indicate abuse or neglect, you may also suspect nursing home abuse in Illinois if:
- The nursing home staff refuses to allow you to see your relative, or if your visits are delayed;
- The nursing home staff does not allow you to be alone with your relative; and/or
- Your relative appears to be over-medicated.
Nursing home abuse in Illinois may also involve your relative’s possessions or finances. Some of the most common signs of theft or extortion include:
- A loss of your relative’s possessions;
- Sudden, unexplained withdrawals from your relative’s bank account;and/or
- Sudden changes in a will or financial document.
To investigate your suspicions of nursing home abuse in Illinois, and to press the necessary charges, you can get the professional help of a Chicago nursing home abuse lawyer.When to Hire a Chicago Nursing Home Abuse AttorneyIf you have even the slightest suspicion of nursing home abuse, it is in the best interest of your loved one that you take immediate action to stop this atrocity from continuing. With a Chicago nursing home abuse attorney on your side, you have a better chance of bringing the abusers to justice.The Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. understand that nothing is more important to you than protecting the health and safety of your loved ones as they age. We take charges of nursing home abuse very seriously. For a free case evaluation and help preparing your claim, contact us today – 312-263-1080