Are you or a loved one a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in Illinois? The Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle give you the latest important news and references on the subject. Our attorneys are experienced and efficient in handling cases of bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration, falls, choking, bedrail injuries, chemical restraint, medication errors, and assault.
- 01/15/2014: Could Vitamin E Help Slow the Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease?
A study published by the Journal of the American Medical Association linked treatment with vitamin E with improvement in the condition of Alzheimer’s patients.
- 11/18/2013: New Treatise On Forced Arbitration Recommended Reading For All Americans
Some nursing homes use language in their admission forms that takes away residents’ and families’ rights to sue in the event of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- 11/12/2013: Discovery Hailed As Alzheimer’s Breakthrough
A recently discovered chemical may have use in preventing brain damage from Alzheimer’s disease. This could lead to medications to control and prevent Alzheimer’s.
- 10/25/2013: Study Finds Nursing Home Falls Involve Frequent Head Injuries
A study in the Canadian Medical Association Journal shows that in 37% of nursing home falls, the resident’s head strikes something during the fall.
- 09/27/2013: Signs of Alzheimer’s Detected Decades Before Symptoms Appear
A study at Washington University shows that Alzheimer’s can start to take hold decades before the patient shows symptoms. Alzheimer’s patients are more likely to be nursing home abuse victims.