As nursing home lawyers, we are dedicated to making information available to families of nursing home abuse and neglect. Below you can find additional articles and information about some of the issues we see in the nursing home industry and in the cases that we handle. We are pleased to make this information available to the families of nursing home residents to help them be better able to advocate for their family members, better able to recognize when nursing home abuse and neglect has happened, and better able to understand why an experienced nursing home lawyer is needed for these kinds of cases:
- CPSC Releases Report On Portable Bedrail Related Deaths and Injuries
Adult portable bedrails are meant to help prevent injury and save lives. Chicago nursing home lawyers comment on a recent injury and death report by the CPSC.
- Bedrail Entrapment: Injury and Death from Bedrails In Nursing Homes
Chicago nursing home lawyers explain how bedrail entrapment results from nursing home neglect and can lead to serious injury or death.
- Smoking Injuries in Nursing Homes
Chicago nursing home lawyers explain that injuries from smoking in nursing homes account for a shocking number of serious burn injuries and deaths each year
- Nurse’s responsibility to notify resident’s doctor
- Nurses are the eyes and ears for the resident’s doctor when he is not in the facility. This includes provding notification to the doctor of key information regarding the care and condition of the resident.